TankNutDave's Armour Discussion Forums

Welcome to TankNutDave's Forums where Armour enthusiasts from all over the world can come to discuss and chat about Tanks and other Armoured vehicles !

Human Loaders vs. Autoloaders

Poll

What is better, a human loader or an auto loader?

[ 2 ]
    67% [67%] 
    [ 1 ]
    33% [33%] 

Total Votes: 3

Human Loaders vs. Autoloaders

Post  KampfpanzerKommandant on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:48 pm

I am personally more for human loaders because I think an autoloader is one more piece of technology in an already complex machine that can fail and the ammunition storage issue, but what are the rest of your thoughts?

wilmet
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant

Re: Human Loaders vs. Autoloaders

Post  wilmet on Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:30 am

The kind of arguments I hear from frenchmen when I talk to them about the Leclerc and its autoloader is ''when going off road at 40-50kph, on rough terrain where the tank is bouncing up and down, the autoloader allows for sustained rate of fire, how well would a crew be able to reload a gun manually in such conditions?''. I guess it has to do with how each are used, but I agree with you: another piece of technology that can potentially break down.

E-man 122
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal

Post  E-man 122 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:10 am

I am firm believer that an automatic loader is the next natural step in the evolution of tanks. We have already seen which way most military are choosing to go less human life at risk. When you can get it down to three crew man risking their life as oppose to four most commanders will take that option. Also the arguement that machinary fails lets not forget how far human technology has come and it is only going to improve so it is very possible to have an auto loading system that 95% ratio of succesful loads. Also the possiblilities its opens up for tanks abilities are endless with just one less crew man to design room for and don't forget the Loader takes up the most room in a tank. I think its very possible the loader position could be elimnated as early as 2040

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:15 am