TankNutDave's Armour Discussion Forums

Welcome to TankNutDave's Forums where Armour enthusiasts from all over the world can come to discuss and chat about Tanks and other Armoured vehicles !

Landkreuzer P1000 Ratte

nightwish
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant

Landkreuzer P1000 Ratte

Post  nightwish on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:32 pm

Here's your challenge guys :

ed. video posted

Re: Landkreuzer P1000 Ratte

Post  M1A2AbramsSEP on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:58 pm

Wait until you saw the P-1500, 800mm gun

nightwish
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant

Post  nightwish on Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:59 pm

Just a though, you think any modern tank could go againts that beast, i'd bet my money on Landkreuzer

Post  M1A2AbramsSEP on Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:55 pm

well for sheer firepower no, but apprently their armor wouldn't be good by todays standards also the P-1000 would have shitty mobility so a modern MBT would more than likely be the winner

Post  takedownroddy on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:41 pm

Without modern fire control I dont think the P1000 would actually be able to hit a modern MBT with its main guns- it would probably stand a higher chace of doing serious damage with its 20mm auto cannons. With very heavy armour plating, 120mm guns firing even the latest penetrator shells would have a tough time damaging it, but for a modern MBT with computerized fire control, there would be no issue with hitting something that large, so my money would be on the modern MBT (or multiple MBTs).

Its still a very interesting thought though, as the P1000 is a completely different design philosophy to that which led to the MBT today. If tanks like the P1000 had caught on and been successful, can you imagine what tanks might be like today? Smile

Post  2ndTankie on Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:39 am

Thr british would still be using that ! lol to costly to upgrade to costly to make a new one !.

"when you go to war stop and think... All your kit is made by the cheapest bidder".... Scary thought eh ! king queen

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:27 pm