TankNutDave's Armour Discussion Forums

Welcome to TankNutDave's Forums where Armour enthusiasts from all over the world can come to discuss and chat about Tanks and other Armoured vehicles !

Vote and briefly explain your choice.

Poll

The Best Tank In The World

[ 9 ]
    90% [90%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    10% [10%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 10

Vote and briefly explain your choice.

Post  2ndTankie on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:23 pm

Let the Discussion begin. Very Happy

Re: Vote and briefly explain your choice.

Post  TankNutDave on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:31 pm

Last edited by TankNutDave on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post  M1A2AbramsSEP on Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:12 pm

Well to be honest i would vote for the M1A2 Abrams V2 SEP and Challenger 2 but i couldnt so i went ahead and went with the Abrams.

best tank...

Post  merlinrobinson on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:49 pm

TankNutDave wrote:
    I would select the CR2 in its latest uparmoured form. It has excellent upgradeability which will see it in service for decades to come. I wish Canada had bought them.

Best tank in the world....

Post  Tankman10 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:25 pm

Has to be the Challenger 2 at present. Basically because of it's battlefield survivibility and overall fighting ability. Far surpasses the M1 Abrahms i'm afraid, only 2 x losses in Iraq, one due to blue on blue (2x fatalities) the second due to IED when a piece of frontal armour was not re-attached after the vehicle had been towed due to mechanical failure (driver lost both legs). Unfortunately the Abrahms was beset by knockouts form IED's and RPG hits. Leopard, Leclerc and other MBT's cannot be included as they have seen little or no battlefield action.

wilmet
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant

Post  wilmet on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:45 pm

Tankman10 wrote:Unfortunately the Abrahms was beset by knockouts form IED's and RPG hits.

But isn't this also to do with the fact that A) the US had many more Abrams in country than the UK had Challengers (more chance of being exposed to danger) and B) that the americans were for the first couple of months and years after the invasion much more exposed to violence with the restive sunnie militants/Baathist/A-Q lot?

Not to say that I doubt the qualities of the challenger II or anything like that (as a proud brit it got my vote), it's track record is certainly outstanding Very Happy

nightwish
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant

Post  nightwish on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:26 pm

Best tank in da'world? Plain and simple , forget abram tanks forget t72, and the rest, best of the best is lads Leopar tank www.youtube.com/user/nightwishsky please visit my channel to see why . There is a video called German Kampfpanzer

Post  takedownroddy on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Challenger 2, because when you cut through all of the technical stuff that makes a difference, it looks a hell of a lot better than all of the other tanks Smile

Post  2ndTankie on Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:36 am

takedownroddy wrote:Challenger 2, because when you cut through all of the technical stuff that makes a difference, it looks a hell of a lot better than all of the other tanks Smile

good honest answer, "it looks sexy" king queen

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:07 pm